Starline floating valves are based on split body (two or three pieces) bolted design and screwed construction. The three pieces bolted design guarantee flexibility of configuration and assembly including asymmetric construction of end caps on the upstream and downstream side and easy maintenance (swing out body) without need of ends dismantling from the line. The two pieces bolted version, available in flanged design PN16-40 and ASME 150-300, guarantee a compact and light configuration which also fit specific customer requirements on valve design (SHELL MESC).
The same design is also used on the special version cryogenic and Metal to Metal valves.
On top of the most used bolted design it is also available a screwed construction which can be also secured by a seal welding to get a “one piece” design – mainly required and used by gas companies.
A line of multiport valves also in bolted design construction (3 and 4 ways T and L port including vertical and X bore) complete the range of Starline floating valves.
The floating valve range include sizes from DN8 to DN200 in class 150 to 2500lbs (PN16-PN420).
For the combination of size/pressure refer to table on section: valve range – sizes
floating valves are available with screwed ends (NPT M/F – BSPP M/F – BSPT) welding ends (short and long integral nipples) and flanged ends according to DIN/EN/ASME standard. Special hubs are also possible and available on request.
Valves are available in every possible material, from the conventional carbon steel (standardized to be low temp LF2 as a minimum) and stainless steel (316/316L) to the special alloys and exotic materials. Starline daily produce valves in F51,F53,F55,F44, I625, I825, Hastelloy C276, titanium materials which are also stocked in the most common executions. All the steel parts of the valve are FORGED and marked with material grade and heat number for traceability. As a standard materials comply with ASTM – NACE – NORSOK.
Seats are available in several thermoplastic materials (PTFE – Reinf. PTFE – PEEK – NYLON – KEL’F) and in Metal to Metal design with Tungsten Carbide or Chrome Carbide HVOF coating on ball/seats metallic surface.
Standard features of every Starline Floating Valve are:
- Valve design according to ASME B16.34.
- Side entry – antiblowout – antistatic – ISO5211 drilling for fast automation.
- Seats are designed to guarantee an automatic cavity relief in case of over pressurization in the body cavity.
- External barriers to leakage are double on the body (first body seal + second body seal – or so called emergency body seal) and triple on the stem (O-ring – thrust washer – packing ring).This sealing design guarantee to every valve external emission at least at rate B of ISO15848 (on all the covered temperature range and pressure ratings) and fire resistance.
- All valves even the smallest are individually marked with serial number to have complete traceability and delivered with 3.1 certificate including all the mills and pressure records.
- All valves comply with PED up to Category III mod. H – ATEX IM2/ II2GD – SIL3 – Firesafe API6A – API607 – ISO 10497
Several accessories are also available to complete the valve personalization: locking device – T-handle – extended bonnet with or without lantern ring – oval handle.
For more detailed information refer to Starline Catalogue Floating and its VDS.